Budget 2022 Information Release
Documents relating to Budget 2022 have been released in response to, and in anticipation of, requests for Budget-related information from the public.
The documents released here are among those most frequently requested under the Official Information Act.
- Budget 2022 Information Release
- Published: 11 August 2022.
Will also be published on the Treasury website, which will be the permanent repository for this release material. Material will be withdrawn from this Budget website in May 2023.
Some information in these documents has been withheld under one or more of the sections of the Official Information Act 1982.
Portfolios and Other Responsibilities
Information withheld from documents
Some parts of this information release would not be appropriate to release and, if requested, would be withheld under the Official Information Act 1982 (the Act).
Where this is the case, the relevant sections of the Act that would apply have been identified.
Where information has been withheld, no public interest has been identified that would outweigh the reasons for withholding it.
Key to sections of the Act under which information has been withheld:
-  - 6(a) - to avoid prejudice to the security or defence of New Zealand or the international relations of the government
-  - 9(2)(a) - to protect the privacy of natural persons, including deceased people
-  - 9(2)(b)(ii) - to protect the commercial position of the person who supplied the information or who is the subject of the information
-  - 9(2)(ba)(ii) - to protect information which is subject to an obligation of confidence or which any person has been or could be compelled to provide under the authority of any enactment, where the making available of the information would be likely otherwise to damage the public interest
-  - 9(2)(f)(iv) - to maintain the current constitutional conventions protecting the confidentiality of advice tendered by ministers and officials
-  - 9(2)(g)(i) - to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions
-  - 9(2)(g)(ii) - to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through protecting ministers, members of government organisations, officers and employees from improper pressure or harassment
-  - 9(2)(h) - to maintain legal professional privilege
-  - 9(2)(i) - to enable the Crown to carry out commercial activities without disadvantage or prejudice
-  - 9(2)(j) - to enable the Crown to negotiate without disadvantage or prejudice
-  - 9(2)(k) - to prevent the disclosure of official information for improper gain or improper advantage
-  - Out of Scope
-  - 18(c)(i) - that the making available of the information requested would be contrary to the provisions of a specified enactment
-  - 18(d) - information is already publicly available or will be publicly available soon
Where information has been withheld, a numbered reference to the applicable section of the Act has been made, as listed above. For example, a  appearing where information has been withheld in a release document refers to section 6(a).